8th – 10th March 2019
Welcome to Parkwood Scout Camp, a new venue for Camp 2019!
This year our March camp will be held at Parkwood Scout Camp. This is another new venue for us, with some fantastic outside and inside areas to train in.
Parkwood camp is situated within the South Downs National Park, and has 23 acres of ancient woodland. With meditation spaces and areas of open space and woodland to train in, this will be another new experience for our school.
I’ve not been to camp before, what can I expect?
Lots of Karate training (outdoor and indoor), lots of focused practice, time to reflect, learn and meditate, lots of fun enjoying the new experiences this venue has to offer.
Expect the unexpected….. and try something new.
Should I be concerned about my grade / fitness levels?
No, camp has something to offer everyone. You will be challenged more so than when training in the dojo, but camp is varied to suit everyone’s fitness and ability. If you have any concerns, please talk to your instructor.
Are there any age / grade restrictions?
- The training camp is open to everyone over the age of 14 years. For students aged 13, please discuss potential attendance directly with your instructor.
- The training will be designed to suit different levels of ability and grade
- Students below the age of 18 will be supervised at all times
- VENUE Parkwood Scout Camp, Poynings Rd, Poynings, BN45 7BA
- VENUE PHONE NUMBER: 07935 335651 (John Cripps)
- FULL CAMP START: Friday 8th March 2019 7:30pm (arrive from 7:00pm)
- FINISH: Sunday 10th March 2019 3:00pm
- DAY CAMP OPTION: Saturday 9th March 2019 8:00am to 5:00pm
INSTRUCTOR / EMERGENCY CONTACT NUMBERS
Renshi Caroline Gibbs: 07889 237137
Kyoshi Piero Barba: 07919 287097
BRING: Sun protection creams, clothing for all weathers, Gis, and trainers (remember your clothing and trainers will get dirty). If you are staying overnight bring a sleeping bag, washing materials, toothbrush, toothpaste and towel.
Be sure to bring your Mitts, Shin Guards and Body Protectors if you have them.
Please return the form by TUESDAY 5th March 2019 to your instructor, or you can EMAIL your form to Caroline@Ryushinkan.co.uk If you have any queries please contact Renshi Caroline Gibbs on 07889 237137